cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Ansys Simulation in Student Edition

AE_9826914
3-Visitor

Creo Ansys Simulation in Student Edition

Hi everyone, 

I've recently downloaded the Educational edition of Creo 7.0 in order to attend mechanical design classes in my collage. During the installation I had the Ansys Simulation product available so I checked the box and installed it as the rest of the apps and extensions. 

The thing is that today I wanted to use the Ansys extension and an error message appeared telling me that the license can't be obtained and that I should contact with a commercial agent. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Is this because the Ansys Simulation extension is not available for the Educational license? 

All aswers will be welcomed. Thank you in advance. 

Arnau

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Creo Simulate, Ansys Simulation and Creo Live Simulation are not part of the student free license. The only simulation available in the free student edition is Creo Simulate Lite.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Creo Simulate, Ansys Simulation and Creo Live Simulation are not part of the student free license. The only simulation available in the free student edition is Creo Simulate Lite.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for your quick answer Alex, So as Ansys Simulation is not available, do you know if I would be able to take a 3D model created with the educational version of Creo and then go to Ansys Student and analize it there? Would there be compatibility between both educational versions of Creo and Ansys?

Thanks, 

Arnau

Hello, 

Yes, you can use models from Creo in Ansys. Creo models can also be saved as STEP or other common formats for any other software.

Thanks,

Alex

Instead of converting to a step file and opening in ANSYS workbench, could you install the associativity link using ANSYS CAD Configurator and import a model into ANSYS workbench (vers. 212) directly from Creo (7.0). Apparently this should work normally (not working for me). Unsure whether the student version retains this functionality???

Top Tags