cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo graphics_issues.mp4

pmoore-2
1-Newbie

Creo graphics_issues.mp4

Some suggestions regarding solving or at least lessening graphics issues with Creo2.

You will probably need adminatrstors rights to make these changes.

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for posting this Paul. A couple things I would like to clarify though, the options that should be used have changed a little since the release of Creo.

Development tells me that customers having graphics problems should try the following options, in order (i.e., if option 1 does not work, try option 2, option 3 and then option 4 as the last resort):

1. Update your graphics drive to the latest available.
  2. Try adding both of the options below. Using both options together will utilize all OpenGL performance improvements made in Creo.
    • graphics opengl
    • use_software_opengl yes
  3. Use only the "use_software_opengl yes" option.
  4. Use the "graphics win32_gdi" option.

Rather than edit the config.pro file at the install location (many uses do not have permission for this), Creo will also read a config.pro file placed in the "Start in" folder. For Windows 7, the default Start-in folder for Creo is (Users/Public/Documents).

Since I can't seem to attach a file to this comment, I've uploaded a zip file with a config.pro file that contains all three options listed above but they are commented out using an ! mark. You can place this file inside your Start-in folder and try the combinations above by simply removing the ! from the option you wish to try (must restart Creo after saving the config.pro file). I hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam

Worked great, exactly what I needed. Config Editor ->> Open GL .. bam!

Top Tags