cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo won't run!!!

vortiz
1-Newbie

Creo won't run!!!

Hi there!

When I attempt to open the program up, it fails to run b/c it states that it could not run the Quality Agent and if I call tech support to report an error 6. I thought tech support was open 24 hours but no joy on that. Any ideas, or should I just try in the morning? Thank you!!

54 REPLIES 54
James62
10-Marble
(To:vortiz)

Try disabling quality agent reports during instalation of Creo and after you are done with the instalation uninstall only the PTC quality agent from your system.

vortiz
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

Thanks for the help. I did that however when I start creo up again I get another message dialog box. Look at the attached pic. Thanks again for the help.

MarkB1
1-Newbie

I have the same issue as this, has anyone found a fix?

Mark,

Sorry you're having the problem. I have seen this one time in the past and I was able to fix it by

using the Windows Control Panel to uninstall the Quality Agent and then reinstalling Creo using (using C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Parametric\bin\ptcsetup.bat).

Note that I did not recopy files, re-license or configure, I just stepped though the install so that the Quality Agent would be reinstalled and connected.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Adam

I tried what you suggested and it didnt work for me. I have however now got it working.

All I did was a complete re-install, I had already tried doing this before I began looking for help but it didnt work. All I changed this time around was I let the install manager pick the install directory. With my initial install I had changed it to a different HDD not the one my OS is installed on (which was what the install manager wanted to put it in). Everything ran first go with the new install on C: and I'm currently using Creo.

I can't see why using a different partition/HDD on the same machine would have caused this issue (thats if it was infact the issue), maybe its something that was completely random and I just got lucky on this re-install. Maybe its something for the Creo Dev's to look into?

Thanks for the suggestion and help Adam, reading that and seeing the C:\Program Files is probably what made me think to just let it install where ever it wanted and see if it works.

Thanks for the tip Mark. I will pass this on to the "powers that be" and see if they can tell me anything.

@Adam : Thanks you for that tip however I am still unable to get onto Creo. I get a diiferent error code. I think it was error code 9 or something like that when I tried it. Last time it was error code 6. I am unsure of what to do. I reached out and contacted - on 2/17/12 but I have yet to receive a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

James62
10-Marble

Could you post picture of that error? Looks like quality agent doesn't cause your problem anymore.

I guess you have spaces in path to your licence.

Make sure you wipe everything first. Including FLEXnet Admin License Server, before starting all over again.

vortiz
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

@Jakub: I'll put up a picture of the error when I get home this evening. I think quality agent is still giving me the problem b/c I still get that original messge saying it will shut down b/c it wasn't registered properly.

Victor,

While or Academic Program group cannot provide 24/7 support we should always get back to you within at least a few days (usually much faster). If you didn't receive a response from -, it was an oversight and I apologize for that.

As Jakub said, an image of the error you are getting along with details of your operating system, the edition you are installing (Schools or Student), version (Creo Elements/Pro or Creo 1.0) and the type of license (Standalone single seat or server) would help us to diagnose the issue.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi all,

We are investigating the presented issue with development and exploring a fix to remedy the issue.

Once I have an update, I will post the solution and procedures to get it resolved.

Sorry for the hassle at this time.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

I appreciate the notification and look forward to your suggestions on remedying this issue.

Thank you.

Adam,

Thank you for the prompt response. Here is the information that you asked of me:

Creo 1.0 Parametric Schools Edition, Standalone user, running windows 7.
The image will be posted later this evening.
Thank you again.

Here's the screen shot of the error I have now b/c I tried the method that Mark suggested. Creo Error 6.png

Any help is appreciated thank you!!

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is doing well this morning. So here's what I have that I hope can help resolve my issue. Here is a full video from installation to first start up. No worries it's not long a lil less than 2 minutes. Here you go!! Please help!!! Any questions feel free to ask ok. Thanks so much!!!

Vic

Video Link : 2671

Hello, i get the same error message, that Creo cannot register the quality agent and will have to close. Whats worse is that I had at one point managed to open Creo several times without this happening and used the program succesfully. Now after not opening it for eight days it reverted right back to the same behavior, telling me to report error nine to the PTC help support. I need to use this program for school. Please help.

Thanks so much for this suggestion! I was having this issue and trying for hours to find a solution, and this was the only thing that worked!

I had the same issue, but it appears I found a fix. First, I uninstalled the Quality Agent using "Uninstall a program" under the control panel. Next, I searched C:\Program Files\PTC for "Quality." I found two results. The important one was qualityagent_32_64.msi under C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon. Opening this file allows you to install the Quality Agent again. After doing this, the program worked for me. I hope this helps.

Hi James,

Thank you for the reply. That is a work around for the issue. We are investigating the error and will be addressing this in the next maintenance release of Creo 1.0. Thank you for your diligence in finding the above mentioned procedure.

Procedures:

1) Uninstall Quality Agent from the Add/Remove Programs in the control panel

2) Install qualityagent_32_64.msi from C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon

3) Start Creo 1.0 Parametric

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I tried the method you suggested and still got an error. Here's a creen recording of the method. Let me know if I made any errors in following your directions. One thing I did notice was that in your instructions it states to go to M030 but all I had was M020. Is that maybe the issue that is causing all of this. Thanks for your help. Oh by the way. the video is less than 2 minutes plus you can fast forward thru it if you like. Thanks again and have a great day!! Video Link : 2672

Vic

Hi Victor,

Can I connect to your machine?

Can you please email me at - and let me know when I could possible connect to your machine.

Thanks,

mark

FINALLY WORKED!!!!! THANK YOU BRO!!

this solution is also worked for me in cre 2.0 but little chage is taht

Go here

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon

here you will find

creoagent_32_64.msi

just double click it and you will get option to repair it.

Thank you.

Hi all,

I installed Creo schools edition today and encounted the exact same issues as Victor, my install folder is also M020 rather than M030 as described in the previous post. I will be following this thread closely I hope a fix is available.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matthew,

I am working with Victor to diagnose the issue. BTW.....do you have a anti virus tool running?

Which is it?

Once you start Creo and you get the error message, can you open Start > Control Panel > Administration Tools > Event Viewer. Click Windows logs and applications. Do you see any red errors? Can you send me the information to -?

Thanks,

Mark

I have the same EXACT problem and its annoying me cause i have a project due in creo and cant get it past quality agent! need help plz. i have already tired the suggested soluions mentioned before and still doesn't work. mine says M020\install\addon instead of M030 as well.

Hi all,

PTC Development is still diagnosing the issue and have pinpointed the problem. Once confirmed, we will provide a fix for the experienced issue.

Thank you for your understanding. Once available, I will post the solution.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Mine showed error 6. Hence, I uninstalled Quality Agent and the reinstalled from C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon. However when I startes Creo again, it still shows the same error code 6. Any solutions so far? Do you think going to the local PTC office here in Malaysia would help?

Regards,

Sivaroopan

We were able to fix Sivaroopan's computer, he is now up and running on Creo!

This was just fixed a few minutes ago but I think we understand the problem and the fix below should help anyone else having this problem:

1. Open permissions so that you have read and write access (remove Read-only) to C:\ProgramData\PTC\QualityAgent.
  2. Restart Quality Agent from the icon on your Desktop or Programs list.
  3. I clicked the Send Now button after the Quality Agent is started. I am not 100% sure this step is necessary but it is what I did on Sivaroopan's computer.

The first time the Quality Agent starts (with the open permissions), it will create the folder structure required to run Quality Agent and then your other Creo Apps should run without problem.

I hope this helps and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags