cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Do I need special access to LearningExchange?

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

Do I need special access to LearningExchange?

A customer just came up with this question and I thought I'd answer it here as some other users might have the same question.

"Do I need special access to LearningExchange if I have a license?"

The anwers is: No.

As a PTC customer, you usually already have a ptc.com account (the one you use to access our online services and software downloads). You simply sign in with your ptc.com user name and password.

If you don't have a ptc.com yet, you would simply click on the "Join now" button to create one. This is a simple web account - it will make browsing ptc.com easier for non-customers as it will pre-populate the forms for document downloads, for example. Creating a ptc.com is free and without any obligations.

joinnow_lex.png

Feel free to comment with any additional question you might have!

Bettina

3 REPLIES 3

Bettina Giemsa wrote:

...You simply sign in with your ptc.com user name and password...

But what for, if all the videos on the site available without sign in (by using PTC's site account)? Or am I missing something?

Vladimir, you are absolutely right: You don't need to sign in in order to watch the videos. And we don't plan to change this - we want to keep the access to the videos free and without barriers to our users.

As you know, LearningExchange is a pretty new platform, and we are constantly extending it and exploring new ideas. So, in the future, you might get access to additional functionality when you are signed in.

So stay tuned!

Bettina

Bettina,

Thank you for answer!

Top Tags