cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Error installing CREO

MG_10386522
1-Newbie

Error installing CREO

I am having problem installing CREO software (student version). I tried uninstalling the software and try installing it a couple of times but now are getting an error message during the License Identification step. In the Simple License Entry product code field, I enter the product code and click Install Licensing, after a short time then the error shows up and stop installation.
How can I proceed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MG_10386522,

If you uninstalled Creo Parametric multiple times, the license should already be there in default location C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing . You can either drag manually the license under license summary in the licensing window or browse it through the option. 

You also might have got the license in an email, when you installed it the first time, so you can drag that one under license summary.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1. What version of the program are you trying to install?

2. Please provide a screenshot of the error you are experiencing.

I was installing version 6 (tried install/uninstall) three times and got error below after the third time.

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEuanBn-6251680355074220627..jpg

Today I tried with version 8 (and its students product code) and it completed installation succesfully.

Hello @MG_10386522,

If you uninstalled Creo Parametric multiple times, the license should already be there in default location C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing . You can either drag manually the license under license summary in the licensing window or browse it through the option. 

You also might have got the license in an email, when you installed it the first time, so you can drag that one under license summary.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipul

Hi,

just FYI ... license file located C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory can be used to run Creo 6.0, too.

During Creo 6.0 installation, the Product code is not entered, but the path to the license file is inserted into the field in the Source area.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags