cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

FRC Rebound Rumble Ball Trajectory Calculator in MathCAD

ptc-2942072
1-Newbie

FRC Rebound Rumble Ball Trajectory Calculator in MathCAD

Team 1967 has recently been tinkering with the use of MathCAD to "do the math" for this year's Rebound Rumble game. We created a ball trajectory calculator worksheet in MathCAD Prime 1.0, inspired by the work of http://engunneer.com/content/blog/first-2012-ball-trajectory-spreadsheet.

Thought other teams might be interested in seeing how MathCAD can be used in FRC.

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for the calculator it helped us out a lot.

Hi Team 1967,

I liked your worksheet a lot and I played with it a little -- I wanted to see if I could figure out how to generate the formula.

I am using Mathcad Prime 2.0 now. If you don't yet have it, I can arrange for your team to get it. Let me know if you are interested. Prime 2.0 has an excel component that I used as a sketching tool to draw a free body diagram that helped me to unravel your formula.

I have reformatted things and changed variable names. I am off to St. Louis for the Championships tomorrow morning. I would like to use my revision of your worksheet as a demonstration file. I will attach it as a .pdf and as a Mathcad Prime 2.0 file so that you can see it.

I hope that you made it to St. Louis and can stop by to see me at the PTC Booth. I'll be manning the Mathcad station most of the time.

Best,

Chris

Top Tags