cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

FTC Game Strategy Discussion

jjc
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

FTC Game Strategy Discussion

After the FTC game kickoff this past Saturday, I was talking with Chris Hartmann who is the lead presenter in the ROBOTALK webinars this month, and he showed me a worksheet he was working on that predicted the probabilities for scoring points in the new game. One strategy being to just pick and place all of the rings from a starting rack onto a corner rack in the hopes that one or more of the rings are weighted and therefore give you 50 points or more. You won't win every game that way but over time you would score consistently assuming the rings are truly placed randomly on the starting racks.

Come join us tonight on ROBOTALK and find out more about Mathcad Prime 2.0 and listen in to the discussion about the FTC game strategies.Image for blog.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
ShannonStuart
5-Regular Member
(To:jjc)

Interested in attending tonight's ROBOTALK session on Mathcad Prime? Register Here

BTW, I am offering a free Mathcad Prime t-shirt to the first person to catch the mistake in Jordan's game strategy in the above post.

mbutler-2
1-Newbie
(To:jjc)

You don't get 50 points for scoring weighted rings in the corner goals - that's worth a 20% bonus.  So if you don't score any rings on the tree, then 20% of zero is still zero!

Hi Michael,

You win a t-shirt!

Email your size and mailing address to -

Top Tags