cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Hardware review and Creo re-installation

TH_9791038
1-Newbie

Hardware review and Creo re-installation

I had Windows Home loaded, installed Creo, and it opened fine, but when I opened a new prt file, it crashed, (Traceback provided). I upgraded to Windows Pro as indicated in PTC literature, and tried again with the same result. I thought the install may have been corrupt, so I uninstalled, and need help to review my Hardware/Software, and complete the install. I'm hoping my trial start date can be reset as well. I tried going through a new trial request but was referred to PTC Customer Support.
2 REPLIES 2

@TH_9791038 wrote:
I had Windows Home loaded, installed Creo, and it opened fine, but when I opened a new prt file, it crashed, (Traceback provided). I upgraded to Windows Pro as indicated in PTC literature, and tried again with the same result. I thought the install may have been corrupt, so I uninstalled, and need help to review my Hardware/Software, and complete the install. I'm hoping my trial start date can be reset as well. I tried going through a new trial request but was referred to PTC Customer Support.

Hi,

crashes can be related to graphic card and its drivers.

Try adding option into config.pro file

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

Hello

I can confirm graphics win32_gdi config option is a good indicator whether Creo works properly - and Graphics hardware/driver does not, or vice versa.

This is NOT a permanent setting, because it switches from hardware graphics acceleration to software emulation. Result: no graphics card related crash but low performance.

If this is the case and you can open a new model (File > New ?) properly, then the issue is rather with the graphics hardware and/or driver.

Please refer to this link, to see if your graphics system is supported through and which PTC Creo Parametric version: Platform Support

If your Creo Session still crashes upon New Model creation, then we need indeed further investigation.

Please share the traceback.log file which contains the crash's snapshot. I don't see it here.

OR indeed, please file a new case to PTC Technical Support, subject Creo Parametric / Core Functionality: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Regards, Michael

Top Tags