cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Help getting more options in Sketch tab (Parametric 3.0)

lclose
1-Newbie

Help getting more options in Sketch tab (Parametric 3.0)

I am a rank beginner with this software, attempting to follow a basic tutorial. Can someone please tell me how to get the full set of options in the sketch tab? I have attached a screenshot of what I can access. I need all the other varieties of rectangles, ellipses, fillets etc.

Many thanks,

Leon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:lclose)

Hi, you have installed and configured Creo with the Schools Configuration. This creates a simplified view of the commands in the toolbars. If you want to reset Creo's toolbars back to its original settings, please read this discussion Restore Sketcher Ribbon UI in the Creo Schools Configuration

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Your ribbon looks different than mine from Creo Parametric 3.0:

Capture.JPG

Note that my groupings are different than yours.

I thought perhaps it was screen resolution causing changes, but even when I significantly narrow my Creo window, my groupings remain the same just extremely condensed:

Capture2.JPG

I've not made any changes to the sketcher ribbon since install.  Is it possible that an administrator has created a *.ui file that simplifies the ribbon?  Look for any *.ui files here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings

Temporarily copy them out of that folder and restart Creo to see if that helps.  If so, talk to you admin about why there's a simplified *.ui in use.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

In Creo 2.0 at least, you can only duplicate and add to a ribbon.  The defaults remain default.

We complained but I don't know that anything changed in Creo 3 or 4.

It looks like you can control the visibility of ribbon items in Creo 3.  Within the sketch environment, right click on the ribbon and select "Customize the ribbon". You'll find yourself here:

Capture.JPG

Note that you can check or uncheck different groups.  You can also add groups using the buttons at the bottom of this window (not shown in my screenshot).  Best I can figure, someone has customized this, either an admin or a prior user.  You can reset it here or if you remove the *.ui files, as I instructed above, you should restore the default.

I see that you're using the Schools edition.  It's possible that it is different than the commercial. You may want to post your question again in the Schools area if these suggestions don't work:

Schools Program

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hi, you have installed and configured Creo with the Schools Configuration. This creates a simplified view of the commands in the toolbars. If you want to reset Creo's toolbars back to its original settings, please read this discussion Restore Sketcher Ribbon UI in the Creo Schools Configuration

Top Tags