cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How can I place a hole inside of another hole only using the existing holes' lateral surface?

AB_10071442
13-Aquamarine

How can I place a hole inside of another hole only using the existing holes' lateral surface?

In my assembly, I want to create holes on top of existing holes so that they refer to each other. However, the existing holes do not have a center line, so "coaxal" dimensioning does not work. So is there a way to create a hole inside of one of these holes by only using their lateral surfaces (as well as the surface upon which I want to put the hole)? An example would look like this (notice that the existing hole does not have a center line):Bild_Bohrung.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

every hole feature contains internal axis. This axis can be hidden using Hide command. Also axes display can be turned off.

If axis is missing simply create it and use cylindrical surface as reference. See uploaded video hole_in_hole_coaxial.mp4.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

every hole feature contains internal axis. This axis can be hidden using Hide command. Also axes display can be turned off.

If axis is missing simply create it and use cylindrical surface as reference. See uploaded video hole_in_hole_coaxial.mp4.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags