cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I run Creo 4.0 Student Edition offline?

ptc-5167117
5-Regular Member

How do I run Creo 4.0 Student Edition offline?

I installed the student version of Creo 4.0 on my laptop and it runs fine as long as I have an internet connection, but if get this warning when I don't have an internet connection.

ptc-5167117_0-1616784777579.png

I have limited access to the internet, so I would like to run it offline.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

9 REPLIES 9

@ptc-5167117 wrote:

I installed the student version of Creo 4.0 on my laptop and it runs fine as long as I have an internet connection, but if get this warning when I don't have an internet connection.

ptc-5167117_0-1616784777579.png

I have limited access to the internet, so I would like to run it offline.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi,

when internet connection is ON, network card with MAC address 00-26-82-CE-F2-90 is enabled.

When internet connection is OFF, network card with MAC address 00-26-82-CE-F2-90 is disabled.

Open Command prompt window and launch ipconfig /all > ip.txt command in both situations and compare these files. I can check files if you can upload them.

Martin Hanák
ptc-5167117
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi, 

Here are the files you requested.

Thanks again for your help.

@ptc-5167117 wrote:

Hi, 

Here are the files you requested.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

in ip_online.txt I can see that MAC address 00-26-82-CE-F2-90 is assigned to Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter. Unfortunately I do not understand why it is not visible in ip_offine.txt.

Is Broadcom 4313GN internal or external adapter ?

Is Broadcom 4313GN disabled ?

Martin Hanák
ptc-5167117
5-Regular Member

I don't know what a Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter is.

How can I check to see if it is disabled? The only access to the internet that I have is a mobile hotspot with limited data. That is why I would like to run it offline.

@ptc-5167117 wrote:

I don't know what a Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter is.

How can I check to see if it is disabled? The only access to the internet that I have is a mobile hotspot with limited data. That is why I would like to run it offline.

Hi,

unfortunately I do not understand what is your mobile hotspot. Please explain it.

Martin Hanák
ptc-5167117
5-Regular Member

Hi,

My Mobile Hotspot I got at Walmart. ZTE 4GLTE thru Straightalk.

That is my internet access.

@ptc-5167117 wrote:

Hi,

My Mobile Hotspot I got at Walmart. ZTE 4GLTE thru Straightalk.

That is my internet access.

Hi,

it look like you use https://www.amazon.com/ZTE-Wireless-Internet-Device-Unlocked/dp/B07PLSTM1K box.

• what you need is to get license file related to Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (see ip_online.txt, MAC adress 1C-C1-DE-A1-D4-CC)
  • find some place where you can connect to internet by wire (using your LAN adapter)
  • move files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory to other directory
  • rerun Creo installation (hopefully you will get the right license file)

Martin Hanák
ptc-5167117
5-Regular Member

Hi, 

This is the mobile hotspot that I have. Does that change anything that you asked me to do?

https://www.straighttalk.com/all-devices/mobile-hotspot-zte-z291dl

Thanks for being patient with a novice like me.

@ptc-5167117 wrote:

Hi, 

This is the mobile hotspot that I have. Does that change anything that you asked me to do?

https://www.straighttalk.com/all-devices/mobile-hotspot-zte-z291dl

Thanks for being patient with a novice like me.

Hi,

unfortunately straighttalk web is blocked for me. Open the page in Chrome, save it as PDF and upload the PDF/

I guess that you have to follow procedure mentioned in my last reply. Ask more experienced personal friend for a help.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags