cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How do I stop "autofill" BOM and associated bubbles from showing certain subassembly components?

pknaeble
1-Newbie

How do I stop "autofill" BOM and associated bubbles from showing certain subassembly components?

In Creo 3.0 parametric student edition, can I merge an assembly file called bearing.asm to a part file without causing the already finished final assembly to fail regeneration?  Essentially, my issue is with parts that make up the bearing assembly (which was downloaded from McMaster) showing up on the auto fill Bill of Materials in the final assembly which then causes them to be part of the balloons as well.  Basically I just want the BOM to have one entry for the hole bearing.  Thanks.

P.S.  I realize that this was caused by my own mistake when bringing the parts into Creo as assemblies instead of parts.  I did not realize my mistake until now, and reassembling the final project will take too much time since I have to submit by midnight tonight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can Filter the components or set the BOM to not be Recursive.

You can also rename (with the assembly in session) the current bearing assembly, then bring in the 'one piece' assembly and Replace the renamed one with the one piece one. You can do the replace on all the old bearings by selecting them all first; Creo will prompt for all the placement replacements. Should take 2 minutes if you have less than 50 bearings to replace. Use Find to select all the old bearings.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can Filter the components or set the BOM to not be Recursive.

You can also rename (with the assembly in session) the current bearing assembly, then bring in the 'one piece' assembly and Replace the renamed one with the one piece one. You can do the replace on all the old bearings by selecting them all first; Creo will prompt for all the placement replacements. Should take 2 minutes if you have less than 50 bearings to replace. Use Find to select all the old bearings.

Thank you for the response.  I will try those options when I get home.

Is it difficult to set the BOM to not be recursive?  The one I use was given to my by the professor.

It is part of the Repeat Region properties. You need to select the whole table, otherwise you get the cell properties.

jmonk1
4-Participant
(To:pknaeble)

How about creating a shrinkwrap of the bearing and replacing the assemblies with this at the top level?

‌I am unfamiliar with what sheinkwrap means in Creo but I look forward to learning more in the future.

Editing the table wasnt too difficult to learn but it was a bit annoying having to do it for each sheet even if you copy and paste.

Thanks for the help.

Top Tags