cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to Fix "Fatal Error Encountered. A traceback has been written"

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

How to Fix "Fatal Error Encountered. A traceback has been written"

Problem Outline:

After installing Creo 2.0, and while attempting to launch it the following error message appears...

"Fatal error encountered. A traceback has been written to C:\Users\Public\Documents\traceback.log. Please send it to Technical Support."

This problem is because of an issue with an Intel Embedded Graphics card. This can happen when the Intel card is either the primary or a secondary GPU on the machine. The problem is most common on Creo 2.0 datecodes M090-M010.

Fatal_Error.jpg

Solution:

Fortunately the solution to his problem is relatively simple. By placing a configuration file in the "start-in" location of Creo 2.0 (by default it's public documents) Creo 2.0 will handle the integrated card in a different way, bypassing the error.

1. Download the attached config.pro file
  2. Move the config file to C:\Users\Public\Documents
  3. Restart Creo 2.0
23 REPLIES 23

Thank you!!!

This solution did not work for me, any other suggestions? I have tried to install and reinstall this program over and over but I continuousely get this same error message. I am trying to download the student version, if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6538715)

Hi Markie,

There's one other possible solution and that involves switching out the contents of the config.pro file in the instructions above. Simply open the config.pro file located in the public documents folder with a text editor (such as notepad) and then change the text to read...

graphics win32_gdi

This should be the only line in the config.pro file. Let me know if you have any questions!

That doesn't seem to have worked either. I have followed the instructions on the download, so I'm not sure what it could be? I'll attach the traceback and see if that helps.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6538715)

Hi Markie,

Can you please submit a support request from the link below?

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

I think this problem is going to require us to take a look at the problem more directly.

my traceback.log

Plz send me creo 7 traceback file

This solution worked for me! I had the same issues as the original post with Creo 3.0 student edition. Thanks a lot MarkCheli! You rock!

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2946749)

Amir,

Great to hear that!

PH_9605521
4-Participant
(To:MarkCheli)

Plz send for creo 7 version

Hi,

Thanks alot.

I am facing this issue many times. Your post really works.

Thanks again.

One of our users has just started experiencing this error.  We've tried the solution described, but it hasn't had any effect.  Do you have any suggestions?

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS101097

Hi, this didn't work for me etiher.

Can you help me out? Here's my traceback file

I too am encountering this fatal error continuously. My traceback file is attached, and I've tried all the suggested fixes in the forums.

it will work but after that again show the message

Vue412
6-Contributor
(To:MarkCheli)

Hi, I am facing the same issue in Creo 5, While working on Part modeling can i use this config.pro file fix the.problem?

I to have same issue with fatal error encountered. A tracerback has been written in creo 5.0
Kindly anybody help me get out of this issue.
I am operating with windows 10 OS with 2 GB AMD Radeon graphics card.
Problem arises few min after start working with part modeling.
Please help.
Thank you

Hello,

First, please try updating the graphic card driver and make sure it is working properly.

If this don't fix the issue, Try this:

Right-click on the Creo Parametric shortcut on the desktop and go to properties. Add space after the existing target path and then -g:win32_gdi. Click on apply and run the Creo

Thanks,

Alex

Hello, thank you for the reply,

I uninstalled graphic driver and installed with update one and i tried with
adding -g:win32_gdi . in target path, even though problem is not solved.
i am attaching tracer file. kindly helps us.
Thank you.

This same error occured with using sketching in CREO 6.0.2.0 student edition, please help me with it, attaching a trace file.

My laptop specs are as follows,

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 510s

RAM: 8GB

Processor: Intel i5-7200U CPU@ 2.5Hz

System: 64bit

Graphics card 4GB: 1. Intel HD Graphics 620

2. NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

how to fix the traceback error..my traceback file is..

PH_9605521
4-Participant
(To:mukunda)

Plz give me creo 7.0 version file

Top Tags