cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to borrow a license of Proe for 6 months

ptc-3231875
1-Newbie

How to borrow a license of Proe for 6 months

Hi, I am using Proe wildfire 4.0. it is a network floating site license. What is the procedure to borrow a license for 6 months so i can use the application on my laptop at home. Thanks and regards.
3 REPLIES 3

Muhammad, Licences can only be borrowed for a maximum of 14 days. I think you have two options: 1) The best option would be to have the license administrator at your university lock one of his licences to your computer for 6 months. I would expect that he has more than enough license to do this. 2) As a student at a university using Pro/E, you are eligible to download a Schools edition of Pro/E from "ptc.com/go/proeforschools". You can do this today if your university is using Wildfire 4.0. If your university if using Wildfire 5.0, you will have to wait until a Schools edition of Wildfire 5.0 is available at the end of May. I hope this helps. Regards, Adam

Hello Adam, Thanks for your reply. I am the license administrator at university and we have 500 site licenses. I tried to borrow the license (by following the steps on PTC web site) but it did not work. the machine refused to launch the Proe as soon as it was disconnected from the network. After running "programe files>wildfire4.0>bin>proe_borrow" i selected the period of 5 days and launched the application. An errr message appears that "License request failed, License borrow support not enabled". Appreciate if you can guide me how to borrow the license for a few machines for a period of six months from a license server. regards Naveed

Naveed, License borrowing will not work unless it is enabled. When PTC sent you your license pack, you actually received 2 license files. One with borrowing enabled, one without. You must have installed the license file that did not have borrowing enabled. This is very common. Remember though, license borrowing only works for a maximum of 14 days (5 by default). If you need a longer period, you will have to use the licensing web tools to "de-install" 1 license from your set of 500. Then you will assign that single license to your laptop's Host ID. You will actually then receive a license file for the laptop and also, a license file that contains the remaining 499 licenses (for the server). If this does not make sense and you need more info, please email me, -. Thanks, Adam
Top Tags