cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to license Creo Illustrate 8 student edition

EJ_10304951
1-Newbie

How to license Creo Illustrate 8 student edition

Hi All, 

I have an issue regarding Creo Illustrate 8, After I installed the software Creo Illustrate startup screen appeared. I couldn't find a license file to activate it. Anyone can help me with this please? How can I activate the Student version?

Thanks,

Erandaka.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Read the following articles:

Hi VladimirN,

Thank you for your kind support. I don't know anything about license server and above information. and actually I don't have a license server name. Could you please tell me can we just open it as a normal software?

Thanks,

Erandaka.

@EJ_10304951 wrote:

Hi All, 

I have an issue regarding Creo Illustrate 8, After I installed the software Creo Illustrate startup screen appeared. I couldn't find a license file to activate it. Anyone can help me with this please? How can I activate the Student version?

Thanks,

Erandaka.

Hi,

did you receive license file copy via email ?

Look into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Does it contain license file ?

Case no.1 ... you have license file containing INCREMENT CREOILLUS_STANDARD line

• set environment variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE ... it has to contain path to the license file
  • run Creo Illustrate

Case no.2 ... you do not have license file

• download Creo Parametric installation zip file
  • unzip it
  • run setup.exe and install Creo Parametric
  • when finished ... you can see license file in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  • set environment variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE ... it has to contain path to the license file
  • run Creo Illustrate

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much, I didn't receive license file through email. And my computer doesn't contain PTC\Licensing folders, I'll install Creo Parametric first.

If you don't mind could you please tell me how can I do this...

• set environment variable PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE ... it has to contain path to the license file

Thanks, 

Erandaka.

Hi,

you can find lot of information when you use Google or Youtube. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvU3zvhEROc 

https://www.architectryan.com/2018/08/31/how-to-change-environment-variables-on-windows-10/ 

Martin Hanák
Top Tags