cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

I completely installed Creo but I do not know where to access it or open it?

aahmed
1-Newbie

I completely installed Creo but I do not know where to access it or open it?

I have installed Creo 3.0 for university students for the free 30 days. The PTC Creo parametric, PTC creos imulate 3..., and PTC Creo options show on my wallpaper but when I click them, it says "missing shortcut," and "windows is searching for parametric.exe..."

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to open it? I have Windows 8. I believe I installed it correctly. (I used license code and it said "success" and then "finish".)

Thank you in advance!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Hey there,

I have the same problem. Wanted to install the new Creo 3.0 Version with student license but after installation, all shortcuts do not find the adressed executable. Inside the programms bin folders, there are only the uninstall.exe / reconfigure.exe, some batch-files and a pim-folder with additional content.

..\Creo 3.0\M030\Parametric\bin

It's the same with every other PTC product I could install. I'm with Windows 7 64bit. Installed the 64bit Version.

Ok little update here:

The 32bit Version of Creo 3.0 works fine. It's only a 64bit problem.

I you have trouble starting Creo, try using the Inneo Startup Tools. There is a free Student Edition and this tool makes some costomisations, that clearly simplify starting and working with Creo.

I hope that helps.

llokesh
1-Newbie
(To:aahmed)

Check if the Hardware, Windows 8 and updates is compatible for Creo 3 installation.

https://www.ptcusercommunity.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/433495-109935/creo3_hw_notes.pdf

Re-install with admin Rights (rightclick on install file- run as admin)

Check for set Working directory during installation

Run file

..\Creo 3.0\M030\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe  or

..\Creo 3.0\M030\Parametric\bin\parametric.bat

I hope this helps

Top Tags