cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

I have creo 3.0 license.. But not able to start Reverse Engineering work.

vjadhav
1-Newbie

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

It sounds like you need a bit of training to get started. Are you a student or a commercial user?

I am commercial user. I have point cloud data which I want to open in Reverse Engineering extension.

How could I do that.

The most important thing is that you must have the Reverse Engineering license enabled.  Click File > Help > System Information.  In the Information Window, under Configured Option Modules, you must see Reverse_Engineering.

1.png

If that option is not present, you do not have the Reverse Engineering license enabled, and must reconfigure your psf file to enable it.  Alternatively, you can grab it “on-the-fly” by clicking File > Options, and then selecting the Licensing category in the PTC Creo Parametric Options dialog box.  Then select the Reverse_Engineering check box.

2.png

To use Reverse Engineering (REX) on imported data, use the following procedure:

1. Create a new model.
  2. Click the Get Data group drop-down menu and select Import.
  3. In the Open dialog box, select the point cloud and click Import.

3.png

4. In the File dialog box, you must select Facet as the Import type.  If you leave it as Automatic, the system will not use REX.

4.png

5. Click OK from the Open dialog box.

6. You will now find yourself inside REX:

5.png

There is also some help available in PTC Creo 3 Help, located here.

A free tutorial is here

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/103/automatic-surface-creation-using-pro-engineer-reverse-engineering

Top Tags