cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

I just downloaded creo parametric 3.0 for students, and it runs super slow. Any suggestions or help?

marndt
1-Newbie

I just downloaded creo parametric 3.0 for students, and it runs super slow. Any suggestions or help?

10 REPLIES 10

Good day and welcome Marah -

I am moving this to the Academic Community to give your question the best exposure.

Best,

Toby

Hi,

usually it is graphics problem. Add following option at the end of config.pro file and test Creo behavior.

graphics  win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:marndt)

What are your computer specs?

Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz

12.0 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

It's a Lenovo ideapad

dschenken
21-Topaz I

What's the Graphics chip?

The graphics processor being used is Intel HD Graphics 520, on my computer. The processor speed is 2592 MHz.

Hi,

try following config.pro options

enable_opengl_fbo no

enable_opengl_vbo no

enable_opengl_shader no

graphics win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Sorry-I've never done this before...Can you give me a little more direction as to where I can do this on my computer? Is it within the program?

Thank you so much

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Create a text file in your start-in directory of Creo named config.pro and put the 2 lines Martin shows in that file and save it. Then restart Creo.

Look at the properties for the shortcut you use to launch Creo to see what folder is your start-in directory.

Hi,

in my Creo 2.0 installation there is C:\PTC\Creo2_M070\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\text\config.pro file. In Creo 3.0 the path to config.pro is slightly different. Edit this file using Wordpad.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags