cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Infinite Hangup Using Photorealistic Rendering

cadandcookies
4-Participant

Infinite Hangup Using Photorealistic Rendering

Hello all,

I recently got my Premium license for Creo 4.0 and was extremely excited to start using the new rendering system... unfortunately, every time I click the button, it hangs infinitely in Creo, and eventually my computer stops responding altogether. I don’t have a computer that is in a certified configuration, but it’s also not like I’m on an ancient machine either. Other than this, I can use Creo 4 fine as far as I can tell. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I did a simple test with Creo Parametric 4.0 M020.

1.) start Creo ... xtop.exe process consumes 151 968 K
2.) open mh01.prt ... xtop.exe process consumes 172 972 K
3.) switch to Keyshot mode ... xtop.exe process consumes 236 292 K
pic01.png
4.) background change ... xtop.exe process consumes 652 264 K
pic02.png

This means that background image complexity/quality is important.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

can you see Creo4_LOADPOINT\Creo 4.0\Mxxx\Common Files\apps\KeyShot directory containing about 96 files (~ 30 MB) ?

Martin Hanák

Yeah, I have that folder with exactly 96 files. I tried opening up again and it appears that it very quickly balloons in how much memory is being used by Creo— ending up at around 13GB when my computer stops responding! Is there a recommended amount of memory for the render studio extension?

Hi,

I did a simple test with Creo Parametric 4.0 M020.

1.) start Creo ... xtop.exe process consumes 151 968 K
2.) open mh01.prt ... xtop.exe process consumes 172 972 K
3.) switch to Keyshot mode ... xtop.exe process consumes 236 292 K
pic01.png
4.) background change ... xtop.exe process consumes 652 264 K
pic02.png

This means that background image complexity/quality is important.

Martin Hanák

You make some good points! I've been messing around further and can get simple, single objects to render well. In that particular case the issue was that I had a large amount of nuts, bolts, and washers in the model that basically caused the memory usage to explore. I think the solution going forward is going to be creating a separate render assembly without some of those details. Or maybe I'll upgrade my RAM to 32 GB 😛

Thanks for your help, Martin!

Top Tags