cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Install issue

SimonHooker
8-Gravel

Install issue

Hi All anyone come across a greyed out Product code box during the install. Resulting in being unable tyo enter a product code and continue with installation.

Is it a windows firewall issue or my doggy install disk.

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Simon,

This might be a permission limitation on the school system. Can you right click on the setup.exe and run as administrator. If there is a protection on the system that limits communication to our site or to certain sites, it might cause the field to be grayed out.

Can you give this an install as admin? Otherwise, we can provide the IP address for license generation that needs to be allowed on the proxy.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Simon,

This might be a permission limitation on the school system. Can you right click on the setup.exe and run as administrator. If there is a protection on the system that limits communication to our site or to certain sites, it might cause the field to be grayed out.

Can you give this an install as admin? Otherwise, we can provide the IP address for license generation that needs to be allowed on the proxy.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Simon

I had the same problem using Windows 7

It may be admin rights.

With Windows 7, there is a hidden Admin account

I have a document explaining how to make it visible, but I,m not sure how to upload it to this page

Good luck

Jeff Wickham

Hi All

I have now uploaded the W7 document to the Documents page of the Schools Program

Thanks for all ideas turned out was schools firewall blocking it. Got it installed once it could connect.

Admin account details helpful too when installing the standards thanks. Jeff.

upside of it ICT tech have agreed that I can have local admin account to install creo myself.

Top Tags