cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Installation-Problem

ptc-3250313
1-Newbie

Installation-Problem

Hi, I have a problem installing ProE. After clicking the setup.exe (or click install in the launcher) I see a window with the PTC logo and a green bar loading. At the half of the loading I get a Windows massage, that ProE doas not work any more and windows stop the installation. I first thought that it could be my OS (Windoes 7 home premium) so I upgraded it to Windows 7 Professionalx64, but the problem still appear. I also tried it to download it and extract it again but the problem doesn´t disappears. please help me. thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 is not supported on Windows 7, however, by updating your graphics driver to the latest available by the manufacturer, many users have been successful in running it. Other things to try are: - Be sure that you have a network card enabled. The Pro/E license requires an enabled network card. - Be sure that Internet Explorer is enabled. - Try temporarily turning off your antivirus software during installation. Hopefully these suggestions will help. Regards, Adam

hallo again, I try everything you said and I also try to install it on my Desktop-Computer(Win XP-32 Bit) and I get the same Problem at the same place. I don´t know what I can try anymore?! thanks

Please contact me via email at -. From my experience, this problem is almost always due to virus software not allowing the software to install. Since you have turned off your virus software and it still won't install, I would like to schedule a time where I can call you and remotely access your computer so that we can figure this out. I am in the US Mountain time zone, (GMT: -7:00) Thanks, Adam
Top Tags