cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Jury Service Experiments!

PeterSach
1-Newbie

Jury Service Experiments!

Some examples I've had in mind.  Had time waiting around to do these.  Not slick but I was pleased with the animal movement.  Took a little working out.

4 REPLIES 4

These a re brilliant Peter.  The walking mechanism involves a lot of constraints and must have taken some concentration!.  Nice one.

Im thinking of developing the walking mech as a sheetmetal file that I could cut with our CAMM2 or persuade someone to lasercut.  And we're getting a better 3D printer so might look at some more "organic" forms for printing.

The constrains on the simple eccentric cam had me going util I worked out it is all pin joints with only a cylinder constraint on the follower!

Shows you how much sitting around I did!

I'm glad you found something productive to fill the waiting time.  The cam connection in Creo will let you select and combination of cam surfaces as long as they are all tangential.  The snail cam mus have a small radius at the base and tip of the step.  Did I send you the Automata models which includes examples of the main cam types?

You certainly did Tim- that's what got me started!

Top Tags