cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Learning Connector issues (?)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Learning Connector issues (?)

Has anyone else been told by customer service that a script error in the Learning Connector is caused by Internet Explorer 9.0?

Twice now, a Java update has causes errors with the online help part of the Learning Connector. This is a fairly recent occurrence but very persistent. The 1st time I contacted CS and when they connected to my computer it magically fixed itself (something to do with remote desktop... or something else not disclosed)... anyway, a few days later, another Java update installed and the problem exists again.

This morning I get awoken to tell me that this is an IE9 issue and I need to downgrade to IE8 (This is a factory install of IE9 on Win7)...

Last time I tried downgrading IE I lost a bunch of functionality. It basically toasted my entire OS (Windows XP IIRC).

Is PTC really that far behind their programming efforts that they cannot even keep up with browser updates? Is their XML programming really that fragile? This just reflects very poorly on the fit and finish of PTC once again.

Anyway, anyone else get the same "solution" from PTC or CS?

learning_connector_error1.JPG

If you have this issue, please post here.

60 REPLIES 60
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:TomD.inPDX)

So it's mentioned here earlier in the discussion but we've had the same sort of issues on and off. Same problem with different versions of IE with different versions of Windchill.

The browser emulation is very helpful and we use it in our base Creo installation. I just added learning connector Feature_browser_emulation for IE 11 to mine and it fixed our issue.

Here's Microsoft's details on it if you're interested:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ee330730%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Top Tags