cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Licence error Creo 2

pbrown
1-Newbie

Licence error Creo 2

Hi All,

All of a sudden we have lost the connection to our Creo 2 server with this licence error.

I have tried to reconfigure the installation on our server using the reconfigure.bat but all instances of inputting the licence number are greyed out, I have tried disabling the Antivirus etc but without success.

Any ideas??

We are using the student Academic edition.

Many thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Many thanks Mark and Jayanta for your prompt replies,

I fell like a bit of an idiot.

Investigating furthur I found out our PTC Sever was rebooted because of an outage and the Creo 2 Server software had not restarted so I restarted and presto all is good again!

There is a big lesson to be learnt in all of this....First check to see if the server is running via the PTC Licenece Server Tools in All Programs/PTC/PTC Licenece Server Tools and on the tab Start/Stop/Reread, start the Server!

This helped me..and if your problems looks like mine? It may save you a lot of heartache.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:pbrown)

I guess you need check the lan connection, try to ping the server ip adress from the command prompt first, then check firewall etc.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:pbrown)

Hi Paul,

I agree with Jayanta, it sounds to me more like an issue of connectivity between the server and the client computer rather than a direct licensing problem.

Do you see the old license file during the "Licensing" stage of reconfiguring the license server? If possible can you include a screen shot of that step of installation?

Thanks!

Many thanks Mark and Jayanta for your prompt replies,

I fell like a bit of an idiot.

Investigating furthur I found out our PTC Sever was rebooted because of an outage and the Creo 2 Server software had not restarted so I restarted and presto all is good again!

There is a big lesson to be learnt in all of this....First check to see if the server is running via the PTC Licenece Server Tools in All Programs/PTC/PTC Licenece Server Tools and on the tab Start/Stop/Reread, start the Server!

This helped me..and if your problems looks like mine? It may save you a lot of heartache.

Paul

Hello there Mark, could you take a look at this post? You might be able to give us a hand...

http://communities.ptc.com/message/247892#247892

Thank you very much!

Announcements
Top Tags