cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

License Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0

guenter
5-Regular Member

License Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0

In 2012 I bought Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4.0 Student Edition. It is purchase version with unlimited license. I didn't get a customer number or a service contract number to use the eSupport services. For this reason I can only use the support package "basic".

Because the computer, where I installed the program first time, doesn't work anymore, I want to use the program on a new computer. I installed the program at the new computer again. During the installation process I couldn't request a new license file because one was already taken. I tried it with the old license file but I think it is normal that it not works.

My question: What possibility is there to get a new license file (or exchange) or is there another way for further using the program?

Thank you for your help.

Günter.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:guenter)

If you are looking for a student version, PTC now offers it for free. I would suggest you upgrade to Creo:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/academic-products/free-software

guenter
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

Hi Chris3,

I'm not a student anymore. I construct at work with Creo 4 and had the Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4 program at home to do some little things for me. Because of the unlimited license it was a good solution for this purpose. I think the current student version is limited for one year.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:guenter)

Your previous license was likely node locked to your old machine. The only way to fix that is to contact a sales rep and get them to update the license which I can't see them doing for a student license that you are not paying maintenance fees on.

If you have kids you can grab a student Creo license for them on your new machine. I think the 1 year license can be "renewed" with the new version of Creo that comes out every year. Search this forum for details.

guenter
5-Regular Member
(To:Chris3)

Maybe that would be a possibility.

Top Tags