cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

License authentication issues: can't log in

GenPan
4-Participant

License authentication issues: can't log in

Hello there, I can't log in during the license authentication process (point 4 of the file attached): it says "Authentication failed." but my email and password are correct, what should I do? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GenPan
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Hey!

First thing first, thanks both to you and @MartinHanak for your replies!
Unfortunately simply resetting my password didn't work for me, as the problem still remained the same, and my account has been blocked, so I couldn't write here anymore xD

I tried to contact the support through this link, but got no answer.

So! I solved all my problems (blocked account, license authentication issue in PTC Creo) by resetting my password without using any special character (like ?^€" etc...) and then everything worked fine!
I also edited my parametric.psf as shown below because lines 32 and 34 had wrong values in them, causing me troubles while launching Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0

32 ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\HereShouldBeMyLicenseFile.dat
33 ENV=CREO_APP=PMA
34 ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_MyFeatureName ()

I hope this will be useful to someone! Thanks again and bye!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@GenPan wrote:

Hello there, I can't log in during the license authentication process (point 4 of the file attached): it says "Authentication failed." but my email and password are correct, what should I do? Thanks!

Hi,

I hope @Alex_Cazacu can help you.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Please try to reset your password here: 

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/password.jsp

This usually solve any account issue 🙂

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex

I also have a license authentication problem. I have already changed my password but it still states "authentication error". WHat can I do please?

GenPan
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Hey!

First thing first, thanks both to you and @MartinHanak for your replies!
Unfortunately simply resetting my password didn't work for me, as the problem still remained the same, and my account has been blocked, so I couldn't write here anymore xD

I tried to contact the support through this link, but got no answer.

So! I solved all my problems (blocked account, license authentication issue in PTC Creo) by resetting my password without using any special character (like ?^€" etc...) and then everything worked fine!
I also edited my parametric.psf as shown below because lines 32 and 34 had wrong values in them, causing me troubles while launching Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0

32 ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\HereShouldBeMyLicenseFile.dat
33 ENV=CREO_APP=PMA
34 ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_MyFeatureName ()

I hope this will be useful to someone! Thanks again and bye!

Top Tags