cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License error -- "The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file".

pshiller
1-Newbie

License error -- "The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file".

MathCad 15 was installed and running normal yesterday. Today when I launched the program I received a license error -- "The hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file".  Reloading the license file did not solve the problem.  What is the problem?  This is on a system running windows 7.  How can I fix the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I guess that your computer has several network cards.

Open Command Prompt window and run ipconfig  /all command to see the list of network cards (and their MAC addresses). Open your license file and look for MAC address inside it. If you publish both information sources, I can look into them and let you know what is going on.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the reply and I will check into this.  The machine only has one network card.  And why would this change over the course of one day?

Paul Shiller

Top Tags