cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

License request failed for feature (Creo 5.0

Dijan02
3-Visitor

License request failed for feature (Creo 5.0

Creo 5.0 parametric opens to the message below:

License request failed for feature 

Requesting CREOPMA_SchoolsSTD4

c:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE410708EDSTUDENTK12_license.dat:(-1) Cannot find license file.

I used the code given on the instructions and another one found in a thread form ptc help, neither has worked. I've downloaded and installed the program several times and am still getting this message. Before installing I've deleted the previous attempts license file from the c drive. 

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

did you follow these steps ?

1.] uninstall all Creo items

2.] remove all license files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing (see step 2. in install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document)

3.] install Creo

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

BE410708EDSTUDENTK12 product code belongs to Creo 4.0, only.

To install Creo 5.0, K-12 students can use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12

Please follow insctructions included in http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf

Martin Hanák

I've followed those instructions several times with the code, BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12, and it produces the same failed result.

I have three install options:

Setup

Setup-schools

setup-trial 

Per the instructions I used "setup.exe," the first option. During the installation process I used the student code given in the instructions, BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12.

If I downloaded Creo 5.0, why would the program be looking/requesting  a Creo 4, code?

Hi,

did you follow these steps ?

1.] uninstall all Creo items

2.] remove all license files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing (see step 2. in install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf document)

3.] install Creo

Martin Hanák
Top Tags