cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Making a pattern around a cylinder

rpackham
1-Newbie

Making a pattern around a cylinder

We are trying to create a pattern around a cylindar so that we can create a fan blade for one of our projects. I made a cylindar for the base of the assembly, and I created a blade, but I cannot figure out how to pattern copies of the blade around the base evenly. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.....

fanblades.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You would use an Axis Pattern to do this. Select the fin, click Pattern and in the dashboard, change the pattern type to Axis.

If you need help, the Advanced Primer can be referenced as it uses this method to pattern extrude features in the wheel design.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You would use an Axis Pattern to do this. Select the fin, click Pattern and in the dashboard, change the pattern type to Axis.

If you need help, the Advanced Primer can be referenced as it uses this method to pattern extrude features in the wheel design.

Thank You!!!!! That was the exact answer I needed. I didn't realize there was an advance primer. It is very informative.

Ryan

fanblade3.JPG

Top Tags