cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 License Problem

KHecht
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 License Problem

I recently purchased a student version of Mathcad Prime 2.0. An IP address is required to obtain the license file. I gave the IP address on the sticker on the back of my laptop (00-FF-1E-10-1C-44), but the license didn't work. I am unable to request another license online since it says I have used the maximum number already. - told me to log a call online or call. I have an order number (#15661064945) but no customer number, so I couldn't request help online. When I called, the woman couldn't find my order number and told me to contact -. Maybe I heard her wrong, but this email doesn't exist. I also emailed - and received no answer. The PTC utility gives me the IP address PTC HOSTID=00-26-82-AD-1E-2D, so a license for this IP would be nice. This seems to actually be the IP-address for the wifi connection and not the actual computer when I look into my computers settings. Can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:KHecht)

Kristin,

I suggest you contact

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

You have to create a basic account on the PTC website, and then on the next screen, choose that you are a student.

Someone from technical support will help you.

Good luck and write back in a couple of days if you haven't received help.

Mona

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mzeftel
1-Newbie

Kristin,

Did you contact PTC through http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm?

To get your address:

In the Start menu type in cmd so you see cmd.exe or

Click on cmd.exe so you see a black window.

Type in ipconfig /all

You should see a line labeled physical address. That's the one you want to use. If you see several, pick the first one.

Mona

KHecht
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

I can't contact PTC through the given link with a basic account. Since I only have an order number but no customer number, I can't expand my account.

I've attached ipconfig.log with all of the information about my computer.

KHecht
1-Newbie

I couldn't get anything out of the MAC-address utility. It runs, I guess, but it never shows any response. When I run PTC's CPU_ID.exe from the command prompt, I get: PTC HOSTID=00-26-82-AD-1E-2D

However, when I try to load the Mathcad license, I see Host-ID: F0-DE-F1-00-DE-CC.

With the license received I get the following message: C:\Program Files\Mathcad\sw_license_email_1557468.dat: (-9) Invalid host.

I'm not sure at this point which IP address is right, or how to get help with getting another license issued that would work with my computer.

mzeftel
1-Newbie

Kristin,

I suggest you contact

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

You have to create a basic account on the PTC website, and then on the next screen, choose that you are a student.

Someone from technical support will help you.

Good luck and write back in a couple of days if you haven't received help.

Mona

KHecht
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Thanks Mona. Technical support had me change the order or port number of the card used for the internet connection and got me a new license file that works.

Hi All,

Has anyone had a problem with Boundary Blend in Student Edition ?

No matter what i try i cannot activate it.

I have the Creo edition in the class room and it works fine, but on my home computer which is

the 5th edition SE no luck.

Any clues ???

Steve C.

Steve,

If you are using a Schools edition of Wildfire 5.0 you will not have access to the Boundary Blend functionality. This is only available in the Student edition which is probably what you have in your classroom.

Regards,

Adam

Thanks for the answer from hours of bashing my head !!

Much appreciated

Thanks Adam.

Top Tags