cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanism assembly conundrum.

JohnF
4-Participant

Mechanism assembly conundrum.

I keep getting an anomalous error message when trying to complete a Pin Connection.  Firstly I am working in a Simplified rep with just the parts I need in the rep. I set the axis constraints and they seem OK, I set the Translation constraints and they also seem to be Ok. In the Sim Rep I get connection complete as you would expect.  I then open the Master Rep and the same connection here gives a message "Failed to satisfy motion axis settings"  I do not understand what is going on, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

2 REPLIES 2
tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:JohnF)

Sorry John, you are way beyond my experience with Creo. Have you tried emailing Alex direct?

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:JohnF)

Looking at what you are assembling if you need any linear movement, which is usually what causes the problem in my experiences, a pin connection is the wrong type to use since it only allows angular rotation. In a case like this you probably want to use a cylinder connection and specify a linear translation reference with limits on the range of motion,  create another constraint that constrains the motion, or let the connection to another part control the translation if it's appropriate.