cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Moving ahead with Mathcad Prime: Robotalk Webinar 2

ChrisHartmann
1-Newbie

Moving ahead with Mathcad Prime: Robotalk Webinar 2

FTC kicked off last Saturday and we are moving full speed ahead with our Robotalk Webinars. A number of followup questions came my way via the - email this past week. I greatly appreciate the questions becuase it helps me to plan the webinars! Remember that you can also ask questions by starting a discussion on this Community. We will definitely answer your questions! Moreover, you'll probably be helping others out by enabling the answer to be moer publicly available.

This week's webinar included an introductory video tutorial that demonstrated how to create a simple worksheet template and expand it into a calculation worksheet. We focused on adding text and math regions, emphasizing the use of the worksheet pop-up menu (right-click on the worksheet to bring up this menu). I personally find this menu to be very efficient. (See my post on the Mathcad Blog for other things I like about Mathcad Prime.)

Video Link : 3291

After the introductory tutorial we explored a series of Mathcad worksheets that I prepared as demonstrations. I will attach all of the worksheet below in a .zip file that you can download. Each illustrates different capabilities, I will group them in the descriptions below for brevity.

Engineering Notebook Templates: Team Bios.mcdx and Team Meetings.mcdx are both examples of how Mathcad can be used for things other than calculations. If your team would like to standardize on Mathcad for creating your engineering notebook, we'll do what we can to help. These files were created after reading the Ringitup! game manual. I did my best to follow some of the recommendations in the Engineering Notebook section.

Game Strategy Calculation: Ringitup Probability Demo.mcdx is my own work, using some relatively basic probability theory to consider strategies and perform calculations that can be used for design tradeoffs in this year's FTC competition. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Engineering Calculations: The remaining worksheets all illustrate engineering calculations teams can perform to gain information for programming a robot or designing a robot subsystem, such as a gear box. LogoMotionminibot.mcdx is based on a Discussion Thread on Chief Delphi. Check out the thread and the worksheet -- I think you will see how Mathcad's capabilities can add a lot of clarity to discussions around engineering your robot. Turn Calculation.mcdx and Drive Train Calculation.mcdx are based on PTC's FTC Curriculum. If I have created them properly, they should be self-explanatory.

We have covered a lot so far in the first two webinars, but we still have alot more great stuff ahead in the two remaining Mathcad Robotalk Webinars this month. Here's what's coming up:

Wednesday September 19          Precision Engineering: CAS & Solve Blocks with Mathcad Prime  (Click to Register)

Wednesday September 26          Performance Modeling: Data Analysis and Predictive Engineering  (Click to Register)

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags