cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

New to Real World Design Challenge

ptc-4913995
1-Newbie

New to Real World Design Challenge

We are new to the real world design challenge program. I am on the technology end and not the teaching end but have several questions.

1. We are primarily a MAC house. We saw some notes in other communities about running this in BootCamp and it appears that people were able to do so. Is anyone else doing RWDC in BootCamp?

2. We do have a lab of PC's that we are able to use. Having read some of the requirements, I am a bit concerned that our video cards may not be up to snuff. Any basic advice on what problems arise if the basic requirements are just met? I am thinking/hoping maybe the Academic version may not have the high end requirements??

3. I noticed browsing the RWDC community that there are only 10 licenses give to the school as part of this program. We are planning on running this as part of a curriculum so our teaches will need to take up some of these licenses?? Or do they provide some extras for teachers?

4. Curriculum. Our administrative team made the decision to offer this as a class; I don't believe there was alot of input about this beforehand so I (and the teachers) am a little concerned. Would love to hear more from other teachers teaching this as a class. There was thread about this and I noticed that the two postings showed that students already had a semester in some type of CAD. Is this a strong recommendation before starting RWDC and PTC software.

thanks so much for your help. It is much appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Hi Laura,

I can help you with some of your technical questions, but we may need other RWDC coaches/teachers to comment on your questions about using it as a curriculum.

1. If you need to run Creo Elements/Pro on a MAC, then you can certainly use BootCamp. Another option is to use a program like Parallels. I do not know if one runs better than the other, but maybe other teachers can comment on this as well.

2. If you are unsure of whether or not your graphics cards will be able to perform well, then I would recommend trying to run Creo Elements/Pro first to find out for sure if you are having graphics issues If you do run into problems, check out this post for suggestions on getting around these issues.

3. If you need more product codes, this is not a problem. We sent 10 product codes out initially, but we can send you more if needed. Please contact - to request more product codes.

Can other teachers please help Laura with her fourth question?

Good luck Laura!

Curtis

Announcements
Top Tags