cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Our School Creo Licence server on is unreachable by the client PCs. Don’t know why it has dropped, but I tried to reconfigure the flexnet server with with no success. I had a look around but cant find any information on how to configure. Any help would

dportelli
1-Newbie

Our School Creo Licence server on is unreachable by the client PCs. Don’t know why it has dropped, but I tried to reconfigure the flexnet server with with no success. I had a look around but cant find any information on how to configure. Any help would

Our School Creo Licence server on is unreachable by the client PCs.  Don’t know why it has dropped, but I tried to reconfigure the flexnet server with with no success.  I had a look around but cant find any information on how to configure.  Any help would be awesome, so we can continue teaching the course.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1. run ptcstatus.bat from FLEXnet installation on server to see, if license manager is running
  2. if license manager is running then Firewall can block access to licenses from client machines
  3. temporarily turn off firewall and check access to licenses from client machines
  4. if licenses are available then you have to define Inbound Rule - allow communication for license manager processes (lmadmin.exe, lmgrd.exe, ptc_d.exe)

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Our License server used to be on a local PC in our school. We could manage it. The the district school board IT folks moved it to a server off site. Our Creo Machines lost license 3 times this year and I had to put in service tickets with them to resolve the issue. My guess was the process control on the server does not start the license agent when the server hosting the license software reboots. Could it be something like this has happened to you?

Hi,

1. run ptcstatus.bat from FLEXnet installation on server to see, if license manager is running
  2. if license manager is running then Firewall can block access to licenses from client machines
  3. temporarily turn off firewall and check access to licenses from client machines
  4. if licenses are available then you have to define Inbound Rule - allow communication for license manager processes (lmadmin.exe, lmgrd.exe, ptc_d.exe)

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks so much!  Someone higher up the chain had changed the firewall on us.  It all working now!

Top Tags