cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PROE Student edition - I can't get it to run

StevenWhitfield
1-Newbie

PROE Student edition - I can't get it to run

Help Please someone!

I purchased the Student edition of PROE because I want to improve my CAD modelling skills at home,just as a hobby really.

I downloaded the NT version as I presume this is what I need for a Windows 7 computer ?..i looked under the My computer tab and it said it I have a 32 bit operating system so I presume this is correct ?.I presume the download with a 64 in the file name is for a 64 bit. ?

The registration process went okay but now I can't install more than 2% without freezing..How long should I leave it running I have left it several hours now and nothing ....

Any help appreciated

Regards

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

This has been an ongoing problem with the electronic download for the better part of a year. Contact them at - and they should be able to provide a link to download the CD image which is what they recommend right now. You might also find Mark Fischer or Adam Haas in the Academic Program section of the forum. They are really good at helping out.

Steve,

I moved your discussion into the Schools Program community. You should be reach the right folks here.

-Dan

Steven,

As mentioned here, there are problems with the web install for some customers (it works fine for others). During the web install, files are downloaded and it will hang at 2% because one of the first files being downloaded is very large. If you let it wait, sometimes it will install, other times it will not.

The solution is to download the entire DVD image and install using that. http://apps.ptc.com/schools/WF5_Student_DVD.zip.

Because the DVD images is very large (approx 3.6GB) I would suggest you use a download manager such as Free Download Manager (freedownloadmanager.org). Using the download manager will enable you to stop and restart the download whenever necessary. If you lose connection during download, you won't have to start over.

I hope this helps. If you have any other issues, please email -.

Thanks,

Adam

Top Tags