cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

PTC Academic at 5th Grade Level - Decision Points

torme
4-Participant

PTC Academic at 5th Grade Level - Decision Points

We call ourselves the Zheshart English Lego Academy.  We are located in Zheshart, Republic of Komi, Russia.  We have approximately 50 students, mostly Preschool to 5th Graders.  Instead of teaching calculus and linear algebra I'm teaching the English alphabet to Russian students who have not yet learned the Russian alphabet.  My wife is bilingual and certified to teach both English and Russian as foreign languages.  We do have a few advanced students.  Inna is a 5th Grader learning to model with PTC Creo Parametric Academic 3.0.  She is creating a video which we will publish soon showing that she can create the part shown.partrAB1.png

partAB2.png

Base 9 mm plate.

partAB3.png

Progress to date has been restricted to part extrude, revolve and round.  We have not done much with sketch or assembly or any of the many new areas being opened by Creo 4.0 such as performance monitoring with embedded sensors.

With Lego we have come to a pause to make a financial decision. We cannot afford to go both into Lego Architecture and Lego Robotics.  We want eventually to go into both areas.  Our decision is to go with Lego Architecture.  We want to model the building which will house our school of the future.  We envisage a 4-story building with six commercial units on the ground level - a bank, a computer store, a 3-D printing facility, a pizzeria, a photography studio, and a government land title office.  On the second floor we will have our school.  On the third floor we will have a catering kitchen, ballroom and conference center.  The fourth floor will be residential and hotel.

This has led us to the critical question - Is PTC Creo the right choice of a CAD system for architecture?  We are very much interested in building houses with supersized 3D-Printers.  Zheshart has a Plywood factory which produces MDF (medium density fiberboard).  MFD composites are good materials for 3-D Printing.

I haven't tried to design buildings with Creo.  What am I up against, and am I leading Inna down a wrong path?

We are still committed to our earlier decisions:

1.     PTC Creo is the best CAD program

2.     Starting training at 5th Grade level is necessary.  Starting at the university level is too late.

Outstanding questions are which universities and faculties will be looking for high school students with a solid background in PTC Creo?

1 REPLY 1
torme
4-Participant
(To:torme)

Addendum:

Check outhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ5XCMQQzlIhttp://

This implies that parametric architecture is alive and well.  Is there a Creo I'm missing.

Cheers, Tom

Top Tags