cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PTC CREO 7 ACCADEMIC installation error

lupoippo
2-Guest

PTC CREO 7 ACCADEMIC installation error

Hello, when I enter the license code BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI as required by the installation guide of PTC CREO ACCADEMIC I get the "error" message.
Wonder how I should proceed?
Thank you
9 REPLIES 9

@lupoippo wrote:
Hello, when I enter the license code BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI as required by the installation guide of PTC CREO ACCADEMIC I get the "error" message.
Wonder how I should proceed?
Thank you

Hi,

try Product Code BE700908EDSTUDENTEDK12.

Martin Hanák

Hello @MartinHanak 

I have the same installation error from a license failure using the license code BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI. The provided code BE700908EDSTUDENTEDK12 does not fix the error. To clarify, the Setup will show "Success" but when I try to run the software, I receive a license failure code.

thank you.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Gerbs)

@Gerbs wrote:

Hello @MartinHanak 

I have the same installation error from a license failure using the license code BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI. The provided code BE700908EDSTUDENTEDK12 does not fix the error. To clarify, the Setup will show "Success" but when I try to run the software, I receive a license failure code.

thank you.

Hi,

please do following:

• launch Creo
  • enlarge message window to display complete message
  • make a screenshot of message window
  • upload picture of message window

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak Please see attached and view individual posted issue Here 

Gerbs_0-1613331018121.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Gerbs wrote:

@MartinHanak Please see attached and view individual posted issue Here 

Gerbs_0-1613331018121.png

Hi,

this message means that you skipped licensing during installation.

Did you receive email containing copy of license file ? Please zip it and upload it.

Is there any file in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory ? Please zip it and upload it.

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak There are three files in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing, the two student licenses and the one that was emailed to me, imaged below. I would prefer to not upload the SW_License_email file as it has my personal information in it.

Gerbs_0-1613332300466.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Gerbs wrote:

@MartinHanak There are three files in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing, the two student licenses and the one that was emailed to me, imaged below. I would prefer to not upload the SW_License_email file as it has my personal information in it.

Gerbs_0-1613332300466.png

Hi,

see https://community.ptc.com/t5/System-Administration/Error-License-request-failed-for-feature/m-p/389315 discussion.

License information is included in psf-file located in <Creo7_loadpoint>\Creo 7.0.x.0\Parametric\bin directory.

To create psf-file you can run reconfigure.exe located in the same directory.

The default file name is parametric.psf. This file contains following lines:

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE

You have to substitute PATH_TO_YOUR_LICENSE_FILE with real path.

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=LICENSE_NAME ()

You have to substitute LICENSE_NAME with real name located on INCREMENT line inside the license file.

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak I ran the reconfiguration following

License information is included in psf-file located in <Creo7_loadpoint>\Creo 7.0.x.0\Parametric\bin directory.

To create psf-file you can run reconfigure.exe located in the same directory.

and it now works. I did not have to substitute my license location.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you all for the help replies.
I solved the problem today using a license file sent to me by PTC Academy support.
Thank you.

Top Tags