cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

PTC Creo 7.0 Student Edition

JH_9871555
1-Newbie

PTC Creo 7.0 Student Edition

Hello, 

So I am not new to PTC Creo software, however, I just recently downloaded the 7.0 version of Creo (Parametric, Simulate, etc.). Had some issues with the Student Edition licensing in the beginning when downloading and installing, but I finally just resolved all those issues. The university I attend has an earlier version of Creo (I think 3.0 or 4.0) but I can't go to campus for obvious reasons. We do have remote desktops but experience A LOT of issues using it. 

Assuming that I did everything correct, can anyone tell me what exactly comes with the Student Edition? I successfully made parts, but I cannot run them through Simulate. Does the Student Version not come with it? 

Thanks for the help in advance,

J

2 REPLIES 2

@JH_9871555 wrote:

Hello, 

So I am not new to PTC Creo software, however, I just recently downloaded the 7.0 version of Creo (Parametric, Simulate, etc.). Had some issues with the Student Edition licensing in the beginning when downloading and installing, but I finally just resolved all those issues. The university I attend has an earlier version of Creo (I think 3.0 or 4.0) but I can't go to campus for obvious reasons. We do have remote desktops but experience A LOT of issues using it. 

Assuming that I did everything correct, can anyone tell me what exactly comes with the Student Edition? I successfully made parts, but I cannot run them through Simulate. Does the Student Version not come with it? 

Thanks for the help in advance,

J

Hi,

go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Open license file in Notepad and examine its contents. You will find information you need.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Creo Student free edition doesn't include Simulate, it only has Simulate Lite (that can only run basic simulations on a part and not on assemblies. If you need the full Simulate, you need to use the campus license or to purchase Creo Student Premium from  https://store.ptc.com/ 

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags