cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PTC Creo fails to retrieve license

sliu-7
1-Newbie

PTC Creo fails to retrieve license

InstallError.PNG

I was installing PTC Creo Student Edition from the following link Creo K-12 Download | PTC

and I just finished extracting and configuring PTC. But now, it says that my License request

failed for feature whenever I try to open Parametric. To my understanding this doesn't mean

that my license has expired, but that it couldn't connect to PTC online to retrieve it.

Could anyone give a suggestion about what to do from this point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sliu-7
1-Newbie
(To:sliu-7)

I finally found the solution.

Apparently I need to completley delete the PTC licenses all the way from Program Data. Program Data is a secret folder you can find under C drive. Once you get to Program Data, go to PTC and delete the old licenses, then install PTC again so you can recieve the new licenses.

Sorry for not updating or replying to this thread.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

please enlarge Warning Message window to display the whole message and publish its picture -OR- publish the contents of std.out file located in Creo startup directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
sliu-7
1-Newbie
(To:sliu-7)

I finally found the solution.

Apparently I need to completley delete the PTC licenses all the way from Program Data. Program Data is a secret folder you can find under C drive. Once you get to Program Data, go to PTC and delete the old licenses, then install PTC again so you can recieve the new licenses.

Sorry for not updating or replying to this thread.

Top Tags