cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PTC Issues

ptc-5171061
1-Newbie

PTC Issues

Hi

I've just reinstalled Creo Parametric 2.0 a couple of times now but I'm still facing the same problem.

I am not sure what would be the problem but the details are as follows:

I clicked Creo Parametric to run. Nothing happens.

I am running windows 8 64 bit.

It worked fine before this.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please open a support request at http://www.ptc.com/go/academic-support and someone from the support team will contact you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Amir,

This is most likely an issue with your graphics card/driver or an incomplete installation. Please open a support request at http://www.ptc.com/go/academic-support and someone from the support team will contact you.

Be sure to include information about the edition and build code of Creo that you are trying to install. Also any change you have made that may have caused it to stop working (maybe you updated or changed your graphics driver for example).

Regards,

Adam

We have seen this problem if the computer image does not include a config.pro file.

I have a shortcut on a flash drive that includes a config.pro file, and that can get the computers to start Creo.

Search your computer for config.pro. If it does not have one, you will need one.

FYI - Some info on config.pro files:

1. Creo does not require a config.pro file to run. The default, out of the box installation fo Creo contains a config.pro file that is in the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M0?0\text folder. This out of the box config.pro file contains only minimal options.
  2. If you browse to C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M0?0\creo_standards and run the batch file named configure, a new one will be copied into the text folder, replacing the out of the box config.pro file. It is important to know though that the configure batch file does more than just copy in a new config.bat file.
  3. When Creo starts, it first reads the config.pro file found at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M0?0\text. It then reads the config.pro file found in Creo's defined "Start in" folder (bypically Public/Documents). Options in this second location will override options from the config.pro file in the "text" folder.
  4. If you want to vary config.pro options from the standard settings found in the "text" folder, you should do this by creating a config.pro file inside of Public/Documents. In the corporate world a company typically has a standard, global config.pro file that all users use. The user can then vary from that using a local config.pro file in Creo's defined "Start in" folder. This way if you re-run the configure batch file, your customer settings are not wipped out.
  5. An example of how/when this should be used is if you need to change graphics settings to make Creo run with non-supported graphics hardware. Those options should be added to a config.pro file inside of yout "Start in" folder.

Hi guys

I managed to get the program running for the first time after numerous reinstallation. But now the program shut down after displaying a message about Quality Agent not being able to run.

I've been looking everywhere to get the quality agent installer file or something but haven't found anything yet.

Do you guys have any ideas where I could get it? Is it in the same installer for the Creo?

Update:

I've managed to reinstall Quality Agent but its not working.

The error is 0xc6000005

Please open a support request at http://www.ptc.com/go/academic-support and someone from the support team will contact you.

Top Tags