cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PTC installation assistant error

ptc-6012808
1-Newbie

PTC installation assistant error

Hi,

I have purchased an academic copy of Creo 2 online and downloaded the installer and ran it as an administrator.
the installer starts taking me through the steps to completion and recognizes my supplied licence for the product, however when it comes to the “Applications” section it crashes and the error message “PTC installation assistant has stopped working” is produced. Please find attached a screenshot of this message.

I have browsed the forum and this seems to be a fairly common issue but no simple answer seems to have been given on there. At first I assumed that it must be my schools edition of Creo/Elements Pro needing uninstalling in order to complete the process, so I uninstalled that but it made no difference. I have tried downloading another copy of the installer but this also does not work.

is there something that I am missing or is there a bug in the installer that I have?

Kind Regards,

MikeImage504.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6012808)

Hi Mike,

I would recommend re-downloading the installer from the following link: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academic.jsp

This happens sometimes with the "web" installer but can be fixed by using the "dvd" installer. If you have any questions, please let me know!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-6012808)

Hi Mike,

I would recommend re-downloading the installer from the following link: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/academic.jsp

This happens sometimes with the "web" installer but can be fixed by using the "dvd" installer. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Top Tags