cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

PVS/PVZ format: To access the structure of the file.

SB_10165578
4-Participant

PVS/PVZ format: To access the structure of the file.

Hello folks, I am able to load the PVS/PVZ files in Creo parametric and I am trying to access its data or the structure of the model components to perform certain operations but I am not able to get any documentation for the PVS/PVZ files. Do anyone have any idea "in what form do the data in PVS/PVZ file format is present ? is it solid or surface or tessellated ?" Is it possible to access the data in the PVS/PVZ file ? If it is then which toolkit API should I use ? having a proper documentation. 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Here are some helpful articles:

SB_10165578
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you @VladimirN for the reply. I went through those links and helped me in getting basic understanding. Is there any way I can get the geometry data from the PVZ/PVS file ? That's what I am aiming for

@SB_10165578 wrote:

Hello folks, I am able to load the PVS/PVZ files in Creo parametric and I am trying to access its data or the structure of the model components to perform certain operations but I am not able to get any documentation for the PVS/PVZ files. Do anyone have any idea "in what form do the data in PVS/PVZ file format is present ? is it solid or surface or tessellated ?" Is it possible to access the data in the PVS/PVZ file ? If it is then which toolkit API should I use ? having a proper documentation. 

Hi,

what Creo Parametric release do you use ?

In Creo Parametric 8.0 I can import PVZ part file as geometry or facets. I hope the same functionality is available in older releases.

Please provide more details about your "project".

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the reply @MartinHanak . I am using Creo parametric 5.0 C++ toolkit to get solid and surfaces data of 3D model for e.g. Creo assembly. I traverse this assembly and get facet data i.e. tessellated. Now going forward, I need to get facet data from PVZ file. So my questions are:
1. Can we get tessellated data from PVZ file using Creo parametric 5.0 C++ toolkit?
2. If possible, can you please share some links where we can get more information or documentation to read PVZ data

@SB_10165578 wrote:

Thank you for the reply @MartinHanak . I am using Creo parametric 5.0 C++ toolkit to get solid and surfaces data of 3D model for e.g. Creo assembly. I traverse this assembly and get facet data i.e. tessellated. Now going forward, I need to get facet data from PVZ file. So my questions are:
1. Can we get tessellated data from PVZ file using Creo parametric 5.0 C++ toolkit?
2. If possible, can you please share some links where we can get more information or documentation to read PVZ data

Hi,

I guess that the PVZ / PVS format is not public, i.e. only the PTC knows the definition of the format. Please contact PTC Support for more information.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags