cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Pro Desktop 8 Pivoting obscure shaped objects

ptc-4961019
1-Newbie

Pro Desktop 8 Pivoting obscure shaped objects

Hi all,
Running Pro Desktop 8 on XP, and I'm having an issue with mating/pivoting an obscure shaped elipse. WIth no straight lines on the elipse it's hard to mate/align it to the straight piece i want to make it to. If I could even just rotate the piece it would make things easier to put pieces insitue but the orient function won't work with that because of no straight pieces. Even if I could split the piece i'm making and use the line as an orientate/align line, but i would need to be able to hide the line once i'm done, how is it possible in pro dekstop 8 to hide/mask/merge a line? Could anyone please point me in the right direction here, I would greatly appreciate it,

Thanks

Screen+shot+2013-02-11+at+5.54.26+PM.png

1 REPLY 1

David, Pro|DESKTOP is very limited in the constraints available in assembly mode. I created a peg on the leg and a hole under the table top and created a Center Axes assembly constraint in addition to the mate you refer to between the two flat surfaces. Here it is showing hidden detail.

Peg leg.jpg

Have you considered upgrading to PTC's latest 3D modeling suite of software. Here is a document outlining the benefits. Schools can get a FREE site license. Further details are on www.ptcschools.com

Top Tags