cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro-E Sketcher mode

ptc-2229175
1-Newbie

Pro-E Sketcher mode

Hi This is Sean Stephens a student with the Francis Tuttle Oklahoma City RWDC team, Mark Pierce is my Coach. I have been following the "using buildwing" video, and have been stumped on multiple occasions, but as of today, I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this one out to no avail. I have used the Excel Build_wing_E10 and made the four IBL files for Pro-E using a NACA4412. I then Entered them into Pro-E and entered into sketch mode. Once in Sketch mode, I created the "entity from edge" feature just like on the video, and then used the "scale and rotate" and moved the airfoil 0% station to the back of my 100% airfoil station. I then hit the check mark on the "scale and Rotate" to close out that pop out. Once done unlike your video my entity was left with multiple interpolation points. When I try to hit the continue with next section, it deselects my airfoil, but does not take me out of the sketch mode, and for that matter, nothing I do can get me out of sketch mode, without destroying the work I have previously done. I have remade this file multiple times, and each time when I hit the two checkmarks, exactly as you did, the interpolation points remain, and it will not exit me out of Sketch mode, therefore I can not continue. I did try deleting the points, which messed things up, and even still it let me out of sketch mode, but destroyed my work. What am I doing wrong? How do I deselect the points? how do I get out of sketch mode and onto the "enter a depth for section 2" By the way this is the text Pro-E gives me, what does only one loop per section mean, that is the reply it gives me when I try to hit the check mark to exit out. Click on handle to drag, Middle button to finish, Right Mouse Button to move handle. Underdimensioned section. Please align to part or add dimensions. When constraint is displayed: Right click to disable it. Press Shift + right click to lock it. Use Tab key to toggle active constraint. Only one loop per subsection is allowed. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as the deadline is moving up quickly. Sincerely with thanks - Sean Stephens
1 REPLY 1

Hi Sean, In Pro/E I created the datum curves using the IBL file. To create the feature, I used the Blend from the Insert menu. This would allow me to create the blend using the created curves. When in the sketcher for the feature, I select the larger wing profile curves as the first section. RMB.....click Toggle and then choose the smaller wing profile curves. You can move the smaller sketch to change the shape of the wing. Then click the blue check mark in the sketcher menu to exit the sketcher. Define the blend section distance and click OK. Your profile should be created. Did you use Blend? Thanks, mark
Top Tags