cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ProDesktop to Creo

PeterSach
1-Newbie

ProDesktop to Creo

Hi Tim (or any one else who has an answer).

We have some ProDesktop files we would like to migrate to Creo2. Is their an easy way to do this or would it be quicker to remodel from skratch in Creo?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Peter, You cannot open Pro|DESKTOP files directly but there is a way to do what you want.
Attached is a document explaining the process with some example files.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Tim,

Had a go and it worked but found it quicker to re-model in Creo!

Its a Key-press vanity.

full3.jpg

Its a skills acquisition exercise where we give them(Y12) the drawings and the pre-milled wood. The students select a suitable joint and produce the case and the sliding front. They then design a bezel and solution to hold keys.

It was a bit of a chore in ProD (hence the desire to use the existing files) but very straight forward in Creo. I am particularly pleased with the acrylic mirror material. I need to spend a bit of time working on lighting (I'm getting a new work laptop in the next few weeks!) and Im still working on getting drawings I'm happy with.

d1.png

Many thanks for the continued support

Peter

What a great project. I modelled the IKEA sheet metal key box in PTC Creo but I like yours much better.

Many thanks for your kind words, it's teachers like you at the chalk face that deserve the plaudits.

Keep up the great work. 🙂

Top Tags