cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ProE auto close during assembly

M.Wu
1-Newbie

ProE auto close during assembly

I am using school edition ProE. I need to combine two systems together. One of the systems has more than 30 part. The other one is around 10 parts.

ProE always auto close after I try to combine those two systems. Here is a bit more detail.

My steps
1. I open system 1 asm (30 parts)
2. I select the add component icon to add system 2 asm into system 1 (still OK)

ProE will auto close if I do one of the following
A. I move system 2 around and try to do the alignment, rotation, etc
B. Try to save the asm file

Is it a limitation of school edition or just my computer has problem?
PLease help

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Marco and welcome to PlanetPTC. I moved your discussion to the Schools Program community. The folks here should be able to help out with a response.

Once you do receive help, show off some of your parts and assemblies by uploading images to your own photo album or share your CAD files with some of your peers.

Cheers

-Dan

AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:M.Wu)

Marco,

How are you "moving" the 2nd subassembly around? Are you using CTRL + ALT in combination with your right mouse button or are you using the Move tool above the graphics area? There is a problem in this Schools edition of Wildfire 5 so you cannot use the Move tool. That said, I've used Pro/E for almost 20 years now and never found a reason to use that tool, so hopefully not using it won't cause you any problems.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Adam

M.Wu
1-Newbie
(To:AdamHaas)

Thanks

You hit the point. Since I am new to proE, I follow every step from a tutorial website. The way that the website teaches to move stuff is to use the moving tool.

AdamHaas
1-Newbie
(To:M.Wu)

Glad I could help Marco. The tool should be fixed in the next build of the education edition but as I said, there is no real good reason to use it.

Move the component being assembled within the assembly using CTRL + ALT in conjunction with the Middle and Right mouse buttons.

Fix the component in it's final resting place, using constraints such as Insert, Mate, Align, etc. Note that your first assembled component should always be placed using the Default constraint.

Have fun!

Adam

Top Tags