cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem Editing Features in assemblies in Creo Schools Edition

ptc-3461122
1-Newbie

Problem Editing Features in assemblies in Creo Schools Edition

Hey: I cannot edit features of a part when I am in an assembly. I just switched over from Wildfire 5.0 to Creo. and did not have this problem in wildfire schools edition. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rick,

What edition are you running?

To show the "+" symbol....do the following.

1) Open the assembly

2) Click the small Tools Icon (hammer/wrench) to the right of the text 'Model Tree' in the model tree.

3) Select Tree Filters

4) Check Features in the Model Tree Items dialog.

5) Click OK.

Now you can see the "+" symbol.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Rick,

Like with prior releases of Pro/ENGINEER, when in Assembly Mode, you need to activate the part you want to edit in order to make feature modifications. To do this, just right mouse button on the part in the graphics window or the model tree and select Activate. This will activate the part so you can modify features, make new features, etc.

Alternatively, you can open the individual part and male the same changes.

To activate the assembly level again, just right click on the top level assembly model in the model tree and select activate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi mark: Thanks for the reply.

I am able to activate the part, but there is no "+" before the part that I can click on to access the features in the part. that is why I cannot edit the features.

I just reinstalled Cleo and deleted my student copy of WF 5.0. I don't know if that has anything to with it.

I hope this helps with PTCs continual improvement.

Hi Rick,

What edition are you running?

To show the "+" symbol....do the following.

1) Open the assembly

2) Click the small Tools Icon (hammer/wrench) to the right of the text 'Model Tree' in the model tree.

3) Select Tree Filters

4) Check Features in the Model Tree Items dialog.

5) Click OK.

Now you can see the "+" symbol.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark:

That worked. BTW it is Creo Elements/Pro 5.0

Thanks for the attention. It is very much appreciated.

-Rv

Top Tags