cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem opening Creo2.0 in my laptop.

ptc-4514222
1-Newbie

Problem opening Creo2.0 in my laptop.

ERROR.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

Have you done as the message says? Creo will not run without a valid .psf file.

I tried clicking at the ptcsetup from my "bin" directory but nothing happened. How do I crate a valid .psf file?

When you go to the bin directory at C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin:

1.) Right-click reconfigure.exe and run as administrator. This will open up the PTC Installation Assistant.

2.) Step through the process by click Next.

3.) In the Applications to Customize section, accept the default selections (including Enable Quality Agent) and then click Install.

This process should create the proper .psf file in your bin directory. If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Regards,

Curtis Siebenaller

I tried pressing the reconfigure.exe and run as administrator, but error message came up. Error2.PNG

It sounds like your installation in incomplete. This happens sometimes (depending on your connection speed) when using the web install. I would suggest you download the full DVD image and then reinstall using it.

If this doesn't fix your problem, please open a support request from the Request Academic Support tab.on this page.

My apologies, I didn't realize that ptcsetup had been renamed. Obviously the guys writing the warning message didn't know either .

Curtis' instructions should get you going.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags