cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem with revolve feature

cluján
1-Newbie

Problem with revolve feature

Hi! I am trying to complete revolve feature from the wheel.ptr exercise (PTC academic program, Module 5, Page 9) When I accept the sketch, software shows this message "All entities should be on the same side of the axes revolution". Can somebody help me? Do you know what is the cause of this message? If have drawed the arc and the line just like the instructions. Thank you in advance.

Sin título.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:cluján)

‌Just from looking at the sketch and the message your getting it sounds like the horizontal centerline is being used as the axis of revolution. If that's true the message makes sense as the arc is on one side and the line segment is on the other. Without knowing what the exercise is I'm guessing you want the vertical centerline. If you have an internal centerline there you should be able to select it, RMB, and select Axis of Revolution. The first axis placed in section will be identified as the axis of revolution. It use to be it was the first geometry axis created but i think I've seen it where even the first construction axis gets identified as the axis of revolution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:cluján)

‌Just from looking at the sketch and the message your getting it sounds like the horizontal centerline is being used as the axis of revolution. If that's true the message makes sense as the arc is on one side and the line segment is on the other. Without knowing what the exercise is I'm guessing you want the vertical centerline. If you have an internal centerline there you should be able to select it, RMB, and select Axis of Revolution. The first axis placed in section will be identified as the axis of revolution. It use to be it was the first geometry axis created but i think I've seen it where even the first construction axis gets identified as the axis of revolution.

Thank you guys!!

First centerline created is taken as the axis of revolution, in this case, the horizontal centerline. Now, I have defined the first centerline as the vertical green line in the previous image...so problem it's solved. You can see revolve feature in the image below .

Sin título1.png

Thank you again for your prompt help.

Top Tags