cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

RoboTalk Design Challenge Upload

FTC_8521
1-Newbie

RoboTalk Design Challenge Upload

Phew, got this done just in time. I am Trevor A. Babb, and I am reprsenting The Hard-Hitting Hardware Hooligans and have created this conceptual model of a robot that fits within the 18" sizing cube limit. It also can hold a wiffle ball and deposit it into the 120mm high goal. I have attached a ZIP folder with the CAD files and an animation of the conceptual model. I created the animation using the "Mechanism" section of Creo. I used several "Initial Conditions" and "Analysis Definitions" to create all of the individual motions. I used iMovie to put the individual clips together.

I have really enjoyed this challenge and how it has pushed me to further my knowledge of CREO. I hope that Robotalk offers more challenges like this one.

Good luck to all of the other participants in this challenge!!

Conceptual+Robot.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Oops, forgot my short description.

My conceptual model uses four slides to act as a multi-tier lift to raise the wiffle ball to a height well over 120mm. There is an arm attached to the final segment in my multi-tier lift and at the end of the arm is a tube. This tube can hold several wiffle balls, 2 or 3 of the big ones, and 5 of the small ones. The arm and tube can rotate such that the tube slides on the floor to get the balls. The lift then extends and the tube tilts to dump the balls into the goal.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:FTC_8521)

That's pretty cool. This looks like the slam-dunk machine

Top Tags